Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Girl's Advice to Get Through Her Man's Fantasy Football Season

So you got yourself a boyfriend/husband/significant other.  Good for you babe! (You're already doing better than me---I digress)

Now you are probably passed the "honeymoon" stage where you pretend to be interested in what he's doing, and can kind of do your own thing right?

Well here are some tips on how to maintain your sanity when dealing with a man who plays fantasy sports.  And trust me, if you follow my rules, he will make every one of YOUR fantasies come true ;)


  1. THE DRAFT PARTY RULES AND REGULATIONS
There are a couple ways to have a Fantasy Draft, before your man enters the draft, here's a little tip-go to the local grocery store and pickup a draft magazine for him. I can promise you that ring from Tiffany's will be ordered REAL quick.  Let me give you the 411 on each of them.
  • Draft Party: This is where your hubby gets together with all of his friends at a location (usually a place with wifi and it's more than likely at the only single guy in the league's pad) and gets his roster filled.  WARNING: If you can get out of this DO IT!  Unless you are in the league yourself, or are weird like me, you will be BORED out of your mind.  Stay home, go shopping, get drunk do whatever you want, he'll end up appreciating the fact you weren't begging him for attention during the draft.
  • Online Draft: Refer to the Draft Party.  Leave him the HELL alone.  For instance: If you had to get a lineup of extremely sexy guys to do a "Magic Mike" type of routine, and when it was your turn to snag Channing Tatum, and you were distracted because your boyfriend needed toilet paper, so you had to settle for a John Goodman-looking dude? Yeah you would be pissed.  So let him be.  The beauty of the draft from home is it doesn't take too long.   
   2. SAVE YOUR CHEAT DAYS FOR SUNDAYS

Babe, your Sundays will be non-existent during football season. Even myself who was in a league, I'm constantly dieting (because Victoria's Secret models and Mila Kunis make me hate myself) I made sure I saved my cheat days for Sundays. I can promise you though there is nothing more fun than drinking beer, wearing a really cute football jersey, and eating carbs until you wind up in the fetal position.  NOTHING.


   3. ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAMES

Remember that Tiffany's ring I mentioned?  That thing will have more karats than Bugs Bunny's diet if you shout something to the TV like "Holy crap AP just got you some fantasy points..." And I will expect a wedding invitation in the mail.

  4.  ASK HIM QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON

Believe it or not, guys do realize not every girl will love sports.  However, they have no problem teaching you about it.  You probably talk to them about stuff you know they're not into.  Go ahead and ask.  He'll love you for it.


  5.  BUY NFL GEAR

Every guy has a fantasy of a beautiful girl wearing their favorite team's apparel.  So fantasy football has more than one meaning pretty girl ;)  I can promise you too, after watching a little bit every now and then you will grow an appreciation.  A lot of girls tend to like football without even realizing it.  


  6.  HOW TO DEAL WHEN YOUR MAN'S TEAM LOSES

Do. Not. Panic.  This happens.  It's a rarity (like no line at a Chipotle rarity)  that your man will have an undefeated season.  He may be pissed which means punching walls, silent with you for an hour or so, and heavily drinking---actually scratch that last one...it's not football Sunday without a Hangover Monday-let the man drink.  Just wait until he approaches you.  Check online at his team and see what went wrong even...he will be so appreciative and you will get so much respect from your man.

7.  PARTICIPATE

I can't tell you how many guys find it SO attractive when a girl participates in a draft league with them.  Especially the same league as your hubby.  TRUST ME.  He will help you win-especially if you both had to pay a fee to enter the league, that means some of the winnings will be his.  Plus, there are a ton of sources that make drafts so easy like magazines, or even the draft itself.  It's not complicated whatsoever, and it makes the games that much more fun on Sundays too.  Then your man gets to brag about you, you gain some sports knowledge, and I feel like there's one more girl on this earth I can spend Sundays with.  Because let's face it, I love the fact I have a bunch of brothers and guy friends, but even I can use some female companionship. 

Have fun with it.  Your man loves you, so you know you will do anything for him.  Good luck my dear, and remember: tackling doesn't have to be left on the football field. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment